Mar 24, 2013

The worst thing


You’re the worst thing that could happen to my words.
Words that used to cling to me, 
just waiting to be said out loud
have dwindled.
Left my side. ‘Cause now I don’t make melody
I rhyme instead.
You render me incoherent so
Clichés that I wouldn’t utter if I were upside down
are all I talk in these days, in the summer haze.
(See, what I mean about rhymes?)

The darkness and the abyss that held me captive
are invaded by light instead
Brighter by the day, you’ve got me watching the sky by the night
that held me no interest, seems vast and endless now.
Dreams that were ridden with grey have colors.

There’s a little spring in my legs, a tap to my feet, unnoticed
Even the spring water meeting the lake is a tender story.
As my mind threatens to freeze the hot blood running through my veins
to a more acceptable temperature
you invade my mind and relentlessly take away the semblance of thoughts.
Angst-ridden, my muse that was
Is amorous now. Passionate even.  

and I wonder how you can possibly be
the worst thing that happened to my words
When lately, you are the best thing
that's happened to me.

No comments: